Thursday, June 3, 2010

Welcome!

Blogging seems to be ubiquitous amongst the 20-40 something set as well as the librarian set of all ages. Thus is comes to pass that I, a 30-something librarian, begin my blog after much waffling. Admittedly, I begin this blog at the behest of a professor in my current Master's program. Yes, one Master's just isn't enough... and yes, I work full-time and absolutely, I'm a glutton for punishment! But I love learning - period. Hence why I love my job, why I am pursing a second Master's, and why life is always interesting!

Many of my blog posts over the next few months will be related to my course work, and specifically to what I'm reading for class, but will undoubtedly expand to include personal raves, rants, experiences, and notions - all library and education related!

To begin... the first book of the semester: Soka Education: A Buddhist Vision for Teachers, Students, & Parents by Daisaku Ikeda. More as soon as it arrives in the mail.

What am I reading now? Cara Black's Murder in the Marais thanks to a great recommendation from my colleagues Maria. (A hint: I was hooked by the female lead character, named Aimée, who is smart, wields a weapon like a pro, and wonderful descriptive writing so much that I can envision the locales without ever having seen them!)

What's on the To Read Next list? Sarah Waters' The Night Watch and then her latest novel The Little Stranger in addition to my course readings, of course!

Welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aimee,

    Hope all is going well. The book sounds incredible. Can't wait to hear more.

    My first time creating a blog as well, it definitely will be an adventure in learning.

    Glad you are in the class.

    ReplyDelete